May 23 2013
How To Fix Google Play Store “No Connection – Retry” Error Message
Like I mentioned earlier, there are multiple solutions and tips that you could try to fix this error message. I mentioned them below. Fix solution no. 2 worked for me!
Solution 1 - Check your Gmail / Google account password. Have you recently changed it? If yes, then you will need to re-enter your password on your Android device to get all your Google services back. As soon as you change your Google account password, your device gets a notification to enter the new password. Do it or your Google Play Store or any other Google service will not sync or work properly.
Solution 2 - Clear the Play Store cache. The Google Play Store app on your Android device stores some cache data on your device which could be one of the reasons why you are not able to connect to Google servers using the app and keep getting the “No connection – Retry” error message. How to fix it? Read the quick and easy steps below:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Play Store” app.
- Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button.
- Then, tap on the “Clear cache” button.
That’s it. Now start the Google Play Store app on your phone / tablet and it should load and work absolutely fine!
Solution 3 - Check the date and time of your device. Yes, this was the problem with majority of users complaining about this error message in their Google Play Store app. If your date and time are not correctly set, you will again the “No connection – Retry” error message.
Solution 4 - Force re-install Google Play Store app. You can try uninstalling all the app updates on your phone and re-install the Google Play Store APK again to see if that would work for you. For instructions on how to download Google Play Store APK and installation instructions, read here for the tutorial!
Solution 5 - Last, factory reset your phone. We do not want you to do this, but this seems to be the last option if the Google Play Store just doesn’t work. However, before you try doing this, please make sure you backup your Android phone or tablet as a factory reset will completely wipe out all your data. You can go through some of the backup tips given below, if needed:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
These were the few solutions we think could fix your Google Play Store app for the “No connection – Retry” error message. Some other solution worked for you? Please do point that out in the comments below as it would be helpful to other readers who have been trying to fix Google Play Store app.
saduran dari http://www.teamandroid.com/2013/01/14/fix-google-play-store-no-connection-retry-error-message/